Sunday, April 21, 2013

Weekly Update: all the ponies are belong to me!





 So on Monday I finished off my Rangers of Esteldín rep by killing hundreds of orcs. The majority of my ponies are earned through a great deal of death. The Rangers have been one of the hardest to reach Kindred with and I would recommend questing as much of it as you can. At level 43 Tig didn't aggro the majority of the mobs in Dol Dinen so that made my job easier. 

I then parked myself in Bree in anticipation of the anniversary festival. I decided to finish off my Bree rep which was really easy at 43. I think I managed to reach kindred within 2 or 3 hours of just grinding mobs. With Bree now out of the way I'm 6/11 reps towards World Renowned.

 On Tuesday I logged in eagerly at 6:30am for the festival... and waited... and waited... finally it kicked off at 10am and I quickly got my first festival steed. I mostly did this through the quests and the repeatable fireworks quest in bree.





For the 40 tokens I needed for the fireworks laden steed I did the beer battle on expert over... and over... and over... I'm still not at the title deed but I'm sure I'll get there by the end of the festival.
 I thought that would be it for steeds (as of writing this on Sunday morning I'm 0/6 on getting the envelope steeds) but on Thursday night the sale for next week was an additional 25% off on anything in the LOTRO store and in addition to the 20% on steeds from the week prior it was too good an opportunity to pass up.
 I only got two of the premium mounts (the ones with the warsteed cosmetics) because of price. The Loremaster's steed is just so pretty I couldn't resist. Tigridie being a minstrel clearly required the Steed of the Minstrel as well.


 I also picked up the Revellers Guilded Steed with the matching cosmetics. The next day when I did the envelope quest the Revellers Guilded warsteed cosmetic dropped as well. I won't be able to use it for a few more levels, but I'm glad I was able to snag it. All in all 7 ponies in one week is a little extreme, I think I'm going to have to use a mod to start managing all of these ponies!

Next week: continue to pray for mount drops from the envelopes and finish up festival deeds. Maybe move onto Angmar to start levelling and Council of the North rep grinding. Hopefully finish off volume 1 book 5 of the epic quest line.



No comments:

Post a Comment